HERITAGE DAYS OUT WITH A
DIFFERENCE IN CENTRAL ENGLAND
HERITAGE DAYS OUT,
Explore the Heart of England and discover it's part played in putting the "Great" into Great Britain and enjoy your "heritage days out"
• From Shakespeare to Elgar
• From Industrial Revolution to Ironbridge Gorge
• From Singing Cavern to Symphony Hall
• From Tolkien to the Two Towers
Journey with us on your day out through the history of Central England and sample it's heritage and variety.
Would you like to experience for yourself where history was made? Perhaps sit in a Priest Hole? Or see where the Industrial Revolution
began? Or discover where Tolkien took his inspirations for the Lord of the Rings?
Explore this site and then choose a day out in the West Midlands that will stay with you for ever, you might even need a weekend or even a week!
Explore on foot, by public transport, by cycle, by car or even by boat.
However you use this site - Enjoy it. The Site continues to evolve. So please come back and see how we are progressing.
For up to date progress reports please subscribe to our RSS feed,if you are not familiar with these please click on "what is an RSS feed?" on the left of this page for more information.
INEXPENSIVE DAYS OUT AND MONEY SAVING IDEAS
In the current economic climate, we are all more aware of expenditure than perhaps we were before. Many of the places on this site are free, while the cost of others can be reduced by investing in passes,
for uk readers there is a way of getting free entrances to many attractions, even free membership of English Heritage - Click on the "Save Costs" button on the navigation bar.
The value of sterling has fallen against other major currencies, so this could be the year to visit Britain if you live overseas, so consider a visit and do not forget to spend some time in the West Midlands.
Among the free attractions are the The Middle Earth Weekend (formerly the Tolkien Weekend), the museums and art galleries, miles of canals, cathedrals, ancient cities such as Lichfield, Warwick, Stratford upon Avon or Worcester and much more, so come to the West Midlands and spend some quality time at little or no cost.
Spend a little more and explore heritage properties, castles, Ironbridge Gorge, the Black Country Museum, Shakespear's properties, Elgar's Birthplace to name but a few attractions.
We are listed on the FreeIndex.co.uk Online Travel Guides directory
THE MAIN THEMES ON THIS SITE ARE:
- Middle-earth weekend 2009
- Middle-earth weekend 2009. Takes place on 16 and 17 May 2009 at The Shire Country Park
- Charles II – The Fugitive King
- The Manhunt for Charles II and his escape after the Battle of Worcester
- JRR Tolkien
- JRR Tolkien used places in and arround Birmingham in his books, visit "The Shire", The Two Towers, follow in Tolkien's footsteps.
- Middle Earth Weekend 2008
- MIDDLE EARTH WEEKEND 2008 (Formerly, The Tolkien Weekend) for 2008 took place on 17 & 18 May 2008 at Sarehole Mill in Birmingham.
- Canals of Central England. Explore the Inland Waterways from the singing caverns to the BCN
- About,explains what our site is for and how to save money on days out.
- Contact us
- Contact Us
- Heritage Memberships and Passes
- Heritage Memberships and Passes, how to minimise your costs
- Heritage Blog
- The Heritage Blog keeps you up to date with all additions and changes to the Bostin-Days-Out.com Web site. Subscribe here.
- SBI -Site Build It, Create a web site and Create income streams
- Glassmaking in the Black Country and places to visit